5. Bicycle beach racing, err... what is that exactly?
The headwind, sand and salt water blind you as you try and force your pedals round. Your wheels are digging into loose sand and your heart rate is maxed out: welcome to a wet hell. Then suddenly, the sun breaks through the clouds and you’re pedalling full throttle along a smooth beach with a tailwind at 45kph. Your wheels make a satisfying crunching sound as they crush razor shells on the waterfront. This is bicycle beach racing: one of the most Dutch of cycling competitions to have emerged in recent years. Read on…
- The 2018 Top 10
- 1. What type of cyclist are you?
- 2. Five mistakes every cyclist makes
- 3. Why do I need a CO2 pump?
- 4. Six things you didn't know about Bram Tankink
- 5. Bicycle beach racing, err... what is that exactly?
- 6. Niki Terpstra -- a Dutch pro who chose his own path
- 7. Four reasons why Tom Dumoulin should (not) ride the Tour de France
- 8. Four e-bikes you will want to own!
- 10. Five things you don't know about Peter Sagan