6. Niki Terpstra -- a Dutch pro who chose his own path
Professional Dutch bike racing is currently enjoying a golden age with a new generation of cyclists at the height of their powers. There are potential Dutch winners in virtually every discipline: time trialists, climbers, sprinters and riders, each of whom can perform excellently in the classics. Niki Terpstra is perhaps the biggest name in the latter category, and the cool thing about him is that he truly chose his own career path. He was not a member of any of the big name development teams: he travelled his own independent path. This makes his success all the more impressive. Read on…
- The 2018 Top 10
- 1. What type of cyclist are you?
- 2. Five mistakes every cyclist makes
- 3. Why do I need a CO2 pump?
- 4. Six things you didn't know about Bram Tankink
- 5. Bicycle beach racing, err... what is that exactly?
- 6. Niki Terpstra -- a Dutch pro who chose his own path
- 7. Four reasons why Tom Dumoulin should (not) ride the Tour de France
- 8. Four e-bikes you will want to own!
- 10. Five things you don't know about Peter Sagan